Nicole & Patrick // Seattle Wedding Photographer

Nicole and Patrick’s wedding was a favorite for me.  This was a couple that fit, perfectly.  They’re laid back and know how to have a good time but are also determined, talented professionals.  Patrick graduated from Brooks Institute, a prestigious digital photography and film school, so I was a little nervous at first, but the moment we met, I know the three of us were a perfect match.  They’re confident, laugh easily, have a strong group of family and friends who love them and most of all they were a beautiful team.  The wedding was magical.  Nicole’s inspiration for the day came when she saw the reception venue, The Villa in Orange County, California.  She wanted rustic, vintage,romantic, and simple, with an atmosphere that promotes an intimate social party type setting where everyone can mingle without ever feeling too far removed.  It was exactly that.  Being from an Italian family, Nicole and her father enjoyed their first dance to the song “That’s Amore” and for whatever reason I started crying, like really crying.  I think it was seeing the years of pride and love he felt for his daughter coming to fruition on her most special day, with his grin from ear to ear as he spun her around.  He was beaming the whole night and I think every daughter wants her father to look at her the way Nicole’s father did.  It was a really special moment to be a part of.  You can see their wedding on Wedding Chicks here!

One of the difficult parts of my job is saying goodbye to couple I feel such a connection with.  I wish I could bottle up my favorite people and put them in one beautiful place.  Alas, this gives me yet another reason to visit Southern California.  Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your day.  It was truly an honor.

*Huge thank you to the talented Mary of Floataway Studios for second shooting with me!  She’s amazing!

Ceremony Site: St. Catherines of Siena, Laguna Beach
Photography: Julie Harmsen
Ideograph: Couture Motion
Bridesmaid Dresses: Amsale
Bridesmaid Jewelery: Wendy Mink
Men’s Suits: JCrew
Cake and Cupcakes: It’s all about the cake,
Brooke Boling - November 11, 2010 - 3:17 pm

Love your work girl. I’m from Seattle. Miss it there. Keep it up.

Brooke

Juliana Machado - November 9, 2010 - 3:26 am

Hello, Julie.

Was a pleasure to get know your beautiful work. I LOVE photography. Loving your work I posted your pictures with credits at my blog (see at: http://ouniversodasnoivas.blogspot.com/2010/11/casamento-real-nicole-patrick-seattle.html) I wrote a litte mensage for you! =)

Hope you enjoy!
Congrats!
Jully

jeff marsh - November 8, 2010 - 9:26 am

super good wedding!

brian rickey - November 6, 2010 - 9:52 pm

Beautiful colors and emotions, it doesn’t get any better!

Megan@COUTUREmotion Films - November 3, 2010 - 6:17 pm

JULIE!!! I absolutely LOVE these photos! Wow. So amazing and you captured the day brilliantly. Patrick and Nicole are such a great couple and you totally captured their essence. Well done. It was great working with you on this wedding. Hope to work with you in the future!

Tonhya Kae - November 2, 2010 - 12:24 pm

LOVE THIS WEDDING. You did a great job! :)

Mary - November 2, 2010 - 12:23 pm

SO PRETTY!! Thank you again for having me! It was such an awesome wedding and so much fun shooting it with you!! I love every single portrait of Nicole and Patrick! They are stunning! <3

Dan O'Day - November 1, 2010 - 4:42 pm

Nice one Julie.. Keep on truckin’! (that’s what you guys say over there right ?)

Christine Pobke - November 1, 2010 - 3:20 pm

you ROCKED IT jules!! such a beautiful wedding and oh-so-perfectly captured! :)

[...] {via Julie Harmsen Photography} [...]

[...] (source) [...]

[...] (7 e 15), Tiny White Daisies (8), Sarah Yates Photography (9), Wedding Cheesecake (10), Julie Harmsen Photography (11),  Oncewed (12), Green Wedding Shoes (15), Dwelling Sand Decor (17), Punam Bean [...]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.